RSS Feed News
- Riyadh to unveil bankruptcy law - Oman Tribune September 24, 2017Startup MGZN (press release) (blog)Riyadh to unveil bankruptcy lawOman TribuneSaudi Arabia is set to introduce a bankruptcy law early next year as part of efforts to attract foreign investment and encourage private sector activity, said a report, citing Saudi-owned broadcaster Al Arabiya reported citing the kingdom's Trade and ...Saudi Arabia to Introduce Bankruptcy LawStartup MGZN […]
- Saudi Arabia to implement bankruptcy law in early 2018 - Gulf ... - Gulf Business News September 24, 2017Gulf Business NewsSaudi Arabia to implement bankruptcy law in early 2018 - Gulf ...Gulf Business NewsSaudi Arabia will begin implementing a new bankruptcy law early next year as part of efforts to attract foreign investment and encourage private sector activity, ...and more »
- Saudi Arabia said to bring in new bankruptcy law in 2018 - ArabianBusiness.com September 22, 2017ArabianBusiness.comSaudi Arabia said to bring in new bankruptcy law in 2018ArabianBusiness.comUnder current legislation there is no easy way to wind up the activities of indebted companies in Saudi Arabia and the new law is part of efforts to attract more foreign investment, Saudi-owned broadcaster Al Arabiya reported citing the kingdom's ...
- Are large retailers avoiding Delaware Bankruptcy Court? - The News Journal September 22, 2017The News JournalAre large retailers avoiding Delaware Bankruptcy Court?The News Journal"Prevailing case law and reliability and consistency of the judges are just some of the key factors in selecting a venue," he said. "But the biggest contributor is where retailers' debtors and lenders think the case should be filed." Competition for ...
- The confusion around status of home buyers under bankruptcy law - Business Today September 22, 2017Business TodayThe confusion around status of home buyers under bankruptcy lawBusiness TodayNot so long, all the creditors, as well as the debtors were welcoming the move of the legislature in introducing the now most complicated Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code) but now everybody has realized that the code which is well defined ...and more »
- Saudi Arabia to implement bankruptcy law in early 2018: Al Arabiya - Reuters September 22, 2017ReutersSaudi Arabia to implement bankruptcy law in early 2018: Al ArabiyaReutersDUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia will begin implementing a new bankruptcy law early next year as part of efforts to attract foreign investment and encourage private sector activity, Saudi-owned broadcaster Al Arabiya reported citing the kingdom's ...Saudi Arabia gets a new bankruptcy lawInternational Adviserall 2 […]
- Bankruptcy law a timely initiative on bad loans: Jaspal Bindra, Centrum Group - Economic Times September 21, 2017Economic TimesBankruptcy law a timely initiative on bad loans: Jaspal Bindra, Centrum GroupEconomic TimesDemonetisation has added significant cash into the formal economy, facilitating growth, says Jaspal Bindra, executive chairman of Centrum Group . The former Standard Chartered Asia CEO, who has been at the helm at Centrum for more than a year, has a ...
- Four Big Law Firms Grab Roles on Toys 'R' Us Bankruptcy - The American Lawyer September 19, 2017The American LawyerFour Big Law Firms Grab Roles on Toys 'R' Us BankruptcyThe American LawyerNone of the four outside law firms seeking to advise Toys “R” Us in its restructuring efforts have yet filed billing statements with the bankruptcy court in Richmond. Earlier this year, Toys “R” Us hired Cornell Boggs, a former general counsel […]
- 'Bankruptcy law, GST may increase FDI' - The Hindu September 18, 2017'Bankruptcy law, GST may increase FDI'The HinduReform measures such as the foreign direct investment reforms, GST and a simplified bankruptcy code are likely to increase FDI in India, according to Moody's Investors Service. In India, the government has raised ceilings for authorised FDI in a number ...and more »
- Brick And Mortar Meltdown: Toys R Us Hires Bankruptcy Law Firm - Seeking Alpha September 7, 2017Seeking AlphaBrick And Mortar Meltdown: Toys R Us Hires Bankruptcy Law FirmSeeking AlphaBrick-and-mortar retail meltdown strikes again - this time, Toys R Us. In what is a classic sign, the company has hired mega law firm Kirkland & Ellis, whose bankruptcy-and-restructuring practice is considered a leader in the now booming ...Toys R Us hires law firm […]
- Trump slaps travel restrictions on North Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new ban - Reuters September 25, 2017ReutersTrump slaps travel restrictions on North Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new banReutersCritics have accused the Republican president of discriminating against Muslims in violation of constitutional guarantees of religious liberty and equal protection under the law, breaking existing U.S. immigration law and stoking religious hatred. Some ...Supreme Court has option to duck travel ban rulingReuters.comTrump slaps […]
- Immigration law gaining interest from UNL students | Education ... - Lincoln Journal Star September 24, 2017Lincoln Journal StarImmigration law gaining interest from UNL students | Education ...Lincoln Journal StarDACA supporters march to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office to protest shortly after U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions' announcement that the ...and more »
- 'Lucky Boy' explores disparities of American immigration - The Tennessean September 24, 2017The Tennessean'Lucky Boy' explores disparities of American immigrationThe TennesseanFor readers, I hope they will learn that immigration is not as simple as we might think. The rights of immigrant parents are limited by a disconnect between immigration law and the family court system. Ultimately, I hope readers will learn that there's ...
- McHenry County still not following new immigration law, defense attorneys say - Chicago Tribune September 23, 2017Chicago TribuneMcHenry County still not following new immigration law, defense attorneys sayChicago TribuneOn Friday, lawyers for some of the inmates who lack legal immigration status unsuccessfully sought a temporary restraining order against Sheriff Bill Prim to force him to comply with the law — even as, outside another courtroom, another undocumented ...
- Could You Apply for a Visa Under Trump's Immigration Overhaul? - NBC New York September 22, 2017NBC New YorkCould You Apply for a Visa Under Trump's Immigration Overhaul?NBC New YorkA wall along the Mexico border isn't President Donald Trump's only proposal to curtail immigration into the United States. Trump also wants to limit legal immigration into the U.S. by, among other revisions, making it more difficult for immigrants to ...and more »
- Federal appeals court to hear arguments on Texas "sanctuary cities" law Friday - Texas Tribune September 22, 2017Texas TribuneFederal appeals court to hear arguments on Texas "sanctuary cities" law FridayTexas TribuneThe immediate future of Texas' immigration enforcement law hinges on whether a three-judge panel in New Orleans was swayed Friday by the state's attorneys that the legislation is essential to public safety and should not have been partially blocked by ...Texas asks […]
- The Fight to Kill Texas' Anti-Immigrant Law SB4 Is Not Over, But We ... - ACLU (blog) September 21, 2017ACLU (blog)The Fight to Kill Texas' Anti-Immigrant Law SB4 Is Not Over, But We ...ACLU (blog)Following a defeat in federal court where key provisions of SB4 were declared unconstitutional just two days before it was to go into effect, Texas Gov.and more »
- Luther Strange Sought to Weaken Alabama's Tough Immigration Law - Breitbart News September 19, 2017Breitbart NewsLuther Strange Sought to Weaken Alabama's Tough Immigration LawBreitbart NewsBack in 2011, Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) sought to weaken what at the time was one of the country's toughest illegal immigration laws. As attorney general of Alabama, Strange requested that key provisions of the Beason-Hammon Alabama Taxpayer and ...Senate candidate Roy Moore in 2005: 'Homosexual […]
- Court: Law against encouraging illegal immigration could violate First Amendment - Politico (blog) September 19, 2017Politico (blog)Court: Law against encouraging illegal immigration could violate First AmendmentPolitico (blog)A 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel asked federal public defenders and immigrant rights groups to submit amicus briefs arguing that a San Jose, California, woman was improperly convicted because the law is vague or overbroad. Immigration ...
- Blocking a Bad Immigration Law in Texas - New York Times September 1, 2017New York TimesBlocking a Bad Immigration Law in TexasNew York TimesThe law, scheduled to take effect on Friday, blocks local limits on immigration enforcement, allows the police to question the immigration status of people they detain or arrest, and seeks to punish uncooperative officials with fines, jail time and ...Draconian Immigration Law Blocked as Texas […]
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Experts predict future of real estate market - HousingWire (blog) September 25, 2017HousingWire (blog)Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Experts predict future of real estate marketHousingWire (blog)Monday Morning Cup of Coffee takes a look at news coming across HousingWire's weekend desk, with more coverage to come on larger issues. At a black tie gala Friday night, expert panelists gathered to give their predictions of the future of the […]
- Charleston-area commercial real estate sales - Charleston Post Courier September 25, 2017Charleston Post CourierCharleston-area commercial real estate salesCharleston Post CourierBuddy Begergal and Kit Regnery of Carolina Commercial represented MSP Cooper River Village LLC in its $1.2 million sale of a 1.09 acre lot at 877 Walt Miller St. to Axon Homes Inc. Jason Ray of Carolina One Real Estate represented the buyer.and more »
- Real estate guy from Queens gets US North Korea policy right - Asia Times September 25, 2017Asia TimesReal estate guy from Queens gets US North Korea policy rightAsia TimesThat a Queens, New York, real estate developer accomplished this overdue shift in US policy is less surprising than it seems. Trump may not have a degree in international relations but he's getting good advice and also appears to have the right instincts.and […]
- Extraordinary Life: A Real Estate Winner And A Government Watcher - Hartford Courant September 24, 2017Hartford CourantExtraordinary Life: A Real Estate Winner And A Government WatcherHartford CourantFrom an early start as a trained hypnotist, she segued into real estate sales, hired by a co-hypnotist who saw in his colleague a gift for connecting with people. He suggested that she come work for him as an agent in his real estate […]
- UK real estate professionals are sort of, kind of, feeling optimistic - The Real Deal Magazine September 24, 2017The Real Deal MagazineUK real estate professionals are sort of, kind of, feeling optimisticThe Real Deal MagazineWhen asked if they felt optimistic about the future of the real estate market in the country, 29 percent said an enthusiastic yes, according to The Telegraph. On this side of the ocean, that doesn't seem reassuring, but, considering […]
- Real estate briefly: La Palma's Centerpointe office park sells for $106 million - OCRegister September 24, 2017OCRegisterReal estate briefly: La Palma's Centerpointe office park sells for $106 millionOCRegisterTwo real estate investment firms have jointly bought a 10-building business park in La Palma for $106 million. Irvine-based Greenlaw Partners and Westbrook Partners, with offices in Los Angeles, bought Centerpointe La Palma, which includes three mid ...
- No slow down in Strafford County real estate market - Foster's Daily Democrat September 24, 2017Foster's Daily DemocratNo slow down in Strafford County real estate marketFoster's Daily DemocratDOVER — Residential real estate sales typically start to wind down in August and September as buyers concentrate on back to school and back to work from summer. But this isn't a typical real estate market and the brisk pace of sales in […]
- Erie County Real Estate Transactions - Buffalo News September 24, 2017Erie County Real Estate TransactionsBuffalo NewsFollowing are real estate transactions over $5,000 as listed in records of the Erie County clerk's office for the week ending Aug. 18, 2017. AKRON • 5 Shepard Ave., Betty A. Williams; Robert W. Williams to Deborah A. Hehnen; John E. Hehnen Jr., $170,000.and more »
- Real estate market forecast to grow 10% here in 2018 - Crain's Chicago Business September 22, 2017Crain's Chicago BusinessReal estate market forecast to grow 10% here in 2018Crain's Chicago BusinessThe Chicago-area housing market should gain some strength in 2018, an economist told a suburban real estate association yesterday, but there's a "but." Lawrence Yun, chief economist for the National Association of Realtors, forecast a 10 percent ...
- Real estate investors look to cash in on Harvey-ravaged Houston ... - New York Post September 22, 2017New York PostReal estate investors look to cash in on Harvey-ravaged Houston ...New York PostSome real estate executives in Texas are hoping to get rich quick with homes damaged by Hurricane Harvey. Longtime investor Ray Sasser detailed the ...Houston Real Estate Rebounds After Hurricane HarveyHere And NowReal estate investment trust sees business booming post-Hurricane HarveyCNBCall 441 […]
2016 H1B Visa and Green Card Reports Released!
March 14, 2016
Myvisajobs.com, the leading employment website for immigrants, has released its eleventh Annual H1B Visa and Employment-based Green Card reports. 2016 Top 100 H1B Visa Sponsor 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Status: Certified, Denied or Withdrawn 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Job Title 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Work State 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Work […]
Dirty hospital scopes caused deadly infections, investigation finds
January 13, 2016
At least 250 people, mostly in the U.S. including Seattle, have contracted potentially deadly infections spread by contaminated medical scopes in the past three years, according to a new report headed by Sen. Patty Murray of Washington. The incidencts related to antibiotic-resistant infections linked to specialized duodenoscopes nearly doubled since 2010. The figures include the superbug outbreak […]
Representing Immigrant Workers in Personal Injury Claims
November 24, 2015
Charles J. Schleifer and James C. Haggerty, The Legal Intelligencer, Nov 25, 2015. According to recent statistics, there are between 6.4 and 8 million people who entered the country illegally and are a part of the U.S. labor force. The type of work performed by these workers is often very dangerous—they commonly work in the […]
Millions More to Qualify for Student – Loan Modification Program
November 6, 2015
Under rules effective Tuesday, any American who borrowed directly from the federal government for college or graduate school can enroll in a program called Pay As You Earn. The program—previously open to only newer borrowers—sets the monthly payment at 10% of a borrower’s discretionary income, defined as adjusted gross income minus 150% of the federal […]
Many homeowners owe more than their houses are worth in the Seattle area
October 6, 2015
September’s median price for single-family homes dipped from August, a welcome change for potential buyers but not for the many homeowners whose mortgage debt remains greater than their home’s value.
Modified Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Loans Perform Better When Done Through HAMP
October 1, 2015
Single-family mortgage loans backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac perform better after modification when they are modified through the government's Home Affordable Mortgage Program (HAMP), according to the FHFA's Foreclosure Prevention Report for Q2 2015 released this week.
GAO Calls for Better Assessment of Fraud Risks, Economic Benefits From EB-5 Program
August 28, 2015
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) recently released a report that calls for additional actions to better assess fraud risks and report economic benefits in the EB-5 program. The GAO noted that fraud risks are constantly evolving and that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) continually identifies new fraud schemes, but the agency does not […]
HOPE NOW: Mortgage Industry Achieves 24 Million Non-Foreclosure Solutions & 6 Million Proprietary Loan Mods
August 28, 2015
In the second quarter of 2015, approximately 411,000 homeowners received non-foreclosure solutions from mortgage servicers, according to HOPE NOW, the voluntary, private sector alliance of mortgage servicers, investors, mortgage insurers and non-profit counselors. Permanent loan modifications in the second quarter of 2015 totaled approximately 113,000 and short sales totaled 24,000. Other non-foreclosure solutions (including repayment […]
Using personal bankruptcy to hit the reset button on distressed properties
August 28, 2015
There is a ripple effect on homeowners who struggle with debt even after losing their homes. Honest people who want to make good on their debts are increasingly overwhelmed and finding it impossible to rebuild their financial lives. When the Dennis Hebel and his wife decided to help out their son by buying a second […]