RSS Feed News
- Italy Rushes to Approve Decree Law to Keep Two Veneto Banks Open - Bloomberg June 25, 2017BloombergItaly Rushes to Approve Decree Law to Keep Two Veneto Banks OpenBloombergA local regulatory framework is needed before the banks can open for business on Monday, as the government wants to smooth the sale of the stricken lenders' assets. Italy may include changes to its bankruptcy law in the decree it's readying, according ...and more »
- Takata Bankruptcy Poses a Risk to Auto Industry's Biggest Recall ... - Bloomberg June 25, 2017BloombergTakata Bankruptcy Poses a Risk to Auto Industry's Biggest Recall ...BloombergThe expected bankruptcy of troubled air-bag maker Takata Corp. isn't just a crisis for its employees and suppliers. It also throws a wild card into one of the ...and more »
- India's Bankruptcy Law Starts To Bite - Bushan Power And Steel ... - Forbes June 24, 2017Sri Lanka GuardianIndia's Bankruptcy Law Starts To Bite - Bushan Power And Steel ...ForbesOne of the things I've been saying recently is that the reforms to the Indian bankruptcy code are going to make a great difference over time to the economy. And ...Will Bankruptcy Law Drive Sick Indian Industries to Overseas Hands ...Sri Lanka Guardianall […]
- Augusta native sworn in as newest Bankruptcy Court judge - The Augusta Chronicle June 23, 2017The Augusta ChronicleAugusta native sworn in as newest Bankruptcy Court judgeThe Augusta ChronicleOn Friday afternoon in the historic federal courthouse in Augusta, Kim was sworn in as the newest Bankruptcy Court judge in the Southern District of Georgia. An Augusta native, Kim graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law with honors in ...
- Know The Law - Debt Consolidation VS Bankruptcy - KOKH FOX25 June 21, 2017KOKH FOX25Know The Law - Debt Consolidation VS BankruptcyKOKH FOX25There is plenty to consider when comparing to bankruptcy. Attorney Mike Rose, with the law offices of Michael J Rose, PC discusses the difference in the two and what to consider. Questions to be asked when comparing are. Can they help pay off debts?
- Banks agree to initiate corporate insolvency proceeding on Monnet Ispat - Economic Times June 20, 2017Economic TimesBanks agree to initiate corporate insolvency proceeding on Monnet IspatEconomic TimesMUMBAI: Bankers and metals maker Monnet Ispat & Energy agreed on Tuesday to reorganise the company under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code after it defaulted on its Rs. 12,000 crore even as its equity valuation remained less than a 12th of its total ...and […]
- Clock Ticking on India's Bad Bank Debts Under Bankruptcy Law - Bloomberg June 18, 2017BloombergClock Ticking on India's Bad Bank Debts Under Bankruptcy LawBloombergThe Reserve Bank of India last week notified 12 large debtors against whom it had ordered banks to use bankruptcy laws to resolve 2 trillion rupees ($31 billion) or almost a fourth of the country's bad debts. The process in these cases will be ...Why the […]
- Why test for bankruptcy law is a larger test for India - The Indian Express June 11, 2017The Indian ExpressWhy test for bankruptcy law is a larger test for IndiaThe Indian ExpressIndia's new bankruptcy law — which came into force at the end of last year, about 18 months after it was formally proposed in early 2015 —will face its first test later this month when the resolution plan for Kolkata-based Nicco […]
- Recent Developments in Bankruptcy Law and Suspension of Debt ... - Lexology (registration) May 31, 2017Recent Developments in Bankruptcy Law and Suspension of Debt ...Lexology (registration)Indonesia has had a bankruptcy law since 1905, when Staatsblad 1905 No. 217 juncto Staatsblad 1906 No. 348 Concerning Bankruptcy was enacted. In…and more »
- India's Bad Debt Is Looking Better to Investors - New York Times May 29, 2017New York TimesIndia's Bad Debt Is Looking Better to InvestorsNew York TimesBut a new bankruptcy law and a move this month to give India's central bank expansive powers to tackle bad debt have excited investors both here and abroad who think investing in India's distressed market could produce double-digit returns. “The new ...
- Supreme Court Breakfast Table - Slate Magazine June 25, 2017Slate MagazineSupreme Court Breakfast TableSlate MagazineThe government detained him for more than three years without a bond hearing; ultimately, his challenge to the government's attempt to deport him succeeded, and he was released. This case is a very big deal in the immigration-law world. If the ...
- Enforcing immigration laws is not sinister - Las Cruces Sun-News June 25, 2017Enforcing immigration laws is not sinisterLas Cruces Sun-NewsFor context, 1,050,031 foreign nationals entered the United States legally for permanent residence in 2015 (latest numbers). Another 180,000,000 entered legally as non-immigrant visitors for pleasure, business, students, government workers and a host ...and more »
- Trump Calls for Enforcement of Immigration Laws Restricting ... - Fox News Insider June 24, 2017Fox News InsiderTrump Calls for Enforcement of Immigration Laws Restricting ...Fox News InsiderPresident Trump called for the laws to be enforced that prevent immigrants from receiving welfare as soon as they arrive in the U.S..Build a wall -- around the welfare state for non-US citizensWashington Examinerall 4 news articles »
- A lawyer's ignorance of immigration law shouldn't lead his client to deportation - Los Angeles Times June 23, 2017Los Angeles TimesA lawyer's ignorance of immigration law shouldn't lead his client to deportationLos Angeles TimesImmigration law is complex and usually requires special legal training to understand the various nuances, but Lee's lawyer wasn't trained in immigration law. Even at the moment Lee was sentenced, the lawyer assured him that pleading guilty not only ...16-327 […]
- Stage Production Portrays Arizona's 2010 Immigration Law - U.S. News & World Report June 23, 2017Stage Production Portrays Arizona's 2010 Immigration LawU.S. News & World ReportHe plays characters based on former Senate President Russell Pearce, the anti-immigration bill's sponsor, and former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, whose unmatched popularity and election loss were both driven by his immigration enforcement ...and more »
- The House will vote on 2 major immigration laws next week - The Week Magazine June 23, 2017Washington Free BeaconThe House will vote on 2 major immigration laws next weekThe Week MagazineThe House will vote on two of President Trump's major immigration-related campaign promises next week, Politico reports. Republicans are bringing Kate's Law ...House Republicans Plan to Vote on a Pair of Bills That Tackle Illegal ...Washington Free BeaconHouse to address immigration reform […]
- NALEO Adopts Resolution Condemning Texas Immigration Law ... - NBCNews.com June 22, 2017NBCNews.comNALEO Adopts Resolution Condemning Texas Immigration Law ...NBCNews.comLatino officials adopt a resolution condemning the state's immigration law, SB4, in Dallas, which is suing the state over the law.Latino officials take hard-line stance against Texas' 'sanctuary cities' banDallas Newsall 4 news articles »
- Trump proposes a law that's existed for 20 years - USA TODAY June 22, 2017USA TODAYTrump proposes a law that's existed for 20 yearsUSA TODAY'I believe the time has come for new immigration rules which say that those seeking admission into our country must be able to support themselves financially and should not use welfare for a period of at least five years,' Trump told the crowd in Cedar […]
- Trump vows to pursue new immigration law that already exists - MSNBC June 22, 2017MSNBCTrump vows to pursue new immigration law that already existsMSNBCReading from his trusted teleprompter, Trump declared, “The time has come for new immigration rules which say that those seeking admission into our country must be able to support themselves financially and should not use welfare for a period of at ...Trump Scores Standing Ovation For […]
- The Brief: Houston joins the legal fight against Texas' new ... - Texas Tribune June 22, 2017Texas TribuneThe Brief: Houston joins the legal fight against Texas' new ...Texas TribuneTexas' largest four cities are now backing the legal fight against the new immigration enforcement law, with the city of Houston — the largest in the state ...Houston votes to join other Texas cities in lawsuit over new immigration law, Senate Bill 4Fort Worth […]
- Real estate records, 06/25/17 - Lincoln Journal Star June 25, 2017Real estate records, 06/25/17Lincoln Journal StarGriffin, Mickey R Revocable Trust to Watson, Kenneth E Ii & Michelle M, 6727 Saltillo Rd., Rural, $344,900. Guenther, Jason R & Angelyn M to Hacor Inc, 7635 Mesa Rd., $151,500. Guo, Jiaqi & Feng, Chun to Larson, Mark C, 4430 W Leighton Ave, $214,300.
- The Best Real Estate Investment for 2017 - Motley Fool June 25, 2017Motley FoolThe Best Real Estate Investment for 2017Motley FoolNot only can real estate investments generate income streams that beat most dividend-paying stocks, but they also can appreciate in value over time. However, buying and renting out individual properties isn't practical for many people, and can be a ...and more »
- Wythe supervisors back away from real estate tax hike - Southwest Virginia Today June 25, 2017Wythe supervisors back away from real estate tax hikeSouthwest Virginia TodayAfter a two-hour budget workshop Tuesday, the Wythe County Board of Supervisors asked County Administrator Stephen Bear to prepare a budget for fiscal year 2018 that does not raise real estate taxes, but does raise personal property taxes. The proposed ...
- Erie County Real Estate Transactions - Buffalo News June 25, 2017Buffalo NewsErie County Real Estate TransactionsBuffalo NewsFollowing are real estate transactions over $5,000 as listed in records of the Erie County clerk's office for the week ending May 19, 2017. AKRON • 15 Madison, Donnal D. Folger to Mary E. Palizay, $140,000. • 36 Front St., Ruth Fiorello to Timothy C ...and more »
- Residential real estate transfers, June 25 - Omaha World-Herald June 25, 2017Omaha World-HeraldResidential real estate transfers, June 25Omaha World-HeraldJSD Real Estate Co. LLC to Hiebner, Lance G., 122 N. 38th St., $234,000. Bergman, Roger C. Trust to Lawse, Daniel J. and Andrea M., 319 N. 36th Ave., $175,000. Swift Properties LLC to Dynamic Properties LLC, 205 S. 37th St., $175,000. Jetter, Jean A ...
- Why Hasn't the Real Estate President Fixed Housing Yet? - OZY June 25, 2017OZYWhy Hasn't the Real Estate President Fixed Housing Yet?OZYThe mogul president's name is synonymous with real estate. But as Donald Trump enthusiastically holds forth on America's “crumbling” infrastructure, the “collapsing” Affordable Care Act or “witch hunt” investigations of his administration, housing talk ...
- JAM SESSION: Real estate sales - Wicked Local Wakefield June 25, 2017Wicked Local WakefieldJAM SESSION: Real estate salesWicked Local WakefieldPlymouth County real estate transactions are up 1 percent year to date compared to 2016. The volume of mortgages, though, has declined 9 percent. What's going on in the real estate marketplace? How do you see it trending over the next year or two?and more »
- Jared Kushner got his start as Somerville landlord - The Boston Globe June 25, 2017The Boston GlobeJared Kushner got his start as Somerville landlordThe Boston GlobeKushner's clumsy bit of hardball typified his first foray into multiunit, residential real estate investing, according to Globe interviews with tenants, business partners, and a review of Somerville housing records. At 19, he was in the training-wheels ...Residents of a teenage Jared Kushner's first […]
- Prime Real Estate On Fire Sale -- In Greece - Forbes June 24, 2017ForbesPrime Real Estate On Fire Sale -- In GreeceForbesA deep and prolonged economic contraction has placed prime real estate on fire sale in Greece, creating good opportunities for bargain hunters. But they may not last too long. Buying prime real estate is all about good location and good timing. Good ...
- The week in real estate industry deals: June 19-23, 2017 - Inman.com June 24, 2017The week in real estate industry deals: June 19-23, 2017Inman.comWhile real estate agents chase leads and close deals on houses, there's another level of deal-making that takes place within the real estate industry: mergers, acquisitions, integrations and partnerships. We'll be recapping every week's noteworthy ...and more »
2016 H1B Visa and Green Card Reports Released!
March 14, 2016
Myvisajobs.com, the leading employment website for immigrants, has released its eleventh Annual H1B Visa and Employment-based Green Card reports. 2016 Top 100 H1B Visa Sponsor 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Status: Certified, Denied or Withdrawn 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Job Title 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Work State 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Work […]
Dirty hospital scopes caused deadly infections, investigation finds
January 13, 2016
At least 250 people, mostly in the U.S. including Seattle, have contracted potentially deadly infections spread by contaminated medical scopes in the past three years, according to a new report headed by Sen. Patty Murray of Washington. The incidencts related to antibiotic-resistant infections linked to specialized duodenoscopes nearly doubled since 2010. The figures include the superbug outbreak […]
Representing Immigrant Workers in Personal Injury Claims
November 24, 2015
Charles J. Schleifer and James C. Haggerty, The Legal Intelligencer, Nov 25, 2015. According to recent statistics, there are between 6.4 and 8 million people who entered the country illegally and are a part of the U.S. labor force. The type of work performed by these workers is often very dangerous—they commonly work in the […]
Millions More to Qualify for Student – Loan Modification Program
November 6, 2015
Under rules effective Tuesday, any American who borrowed directly from the federal government for college or graduate school can enroll in a program called Pay As You Earn. The program—previously open to only newer borrowers—sets the monthly payment at 10% of a borrower’s discretionary income, defined as adjusted gross income minus 150% of the federal […]
Many homeowners owe more than their houses are worth in the Seattle area
October 6, 2015
September’s median price for single-family homes dipped from August, a welcome change for potential buyers but not for the many homeowners whose mortgage debt remains greater than their home’s value.
Modified Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Loans Perform Better When Done Through HAMP
October 1, 2015
Single-family mortgage loans backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac perform better after modification when they are modified through the government's Home Affordable Mortgage Program (HAMP), according to the FHFA's Foreclosure Prevention Report for Q2 2015 released this week.
GAO Calls for Better Assessment of Fraud Risks, Economic Benefits From EB-5 Program
August 28, 2015
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) recently released a report that calls for additional actions to better assess fraud risks and report economic benefits in the EB-5 program. The GAO noted that fraud risks are constantly evolving and that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) continually identifies new fraud schemes, but the agency does not […]
HOPE NOW: Mortgage Industry Achieves 24 Million Non-Foreclosure Solutions & 6 Million Proprietary Loan Mods
August 28, 2015
In the second quarter of 2015, approximately 411,000 homeowners received non-foreclosure solutions from mortgage servicers, according to HOPE NOW, the voluntary, private sector alliance of mortgage servicers, investors, mortgage insurers and non-profit counselors. Permanent loan modifications in the second quarter of 2015 totaled approximately 113,000 and short sales totaled 24,000. Other non-foreclosure solutions (including repayment […]
Using personal bankruptcy to hit the reset button on distressed properties
August 28, 2015
There is a ripple effect on homeowners who struggle with debt even after losing their homes. Honest people who want to make good on their debts are increasingly overwhelmed and finding it impossible to rebuild their financial lives. When the Dennis Hebel and his wife decided to help out their son by buying a second […]