RSS Feed News
- Letter to the editor: Federal lawmakers need to pass act addressing student loans, bankruptcy law - Massillon Independent February 16, 2019Letter to the editor: Federal lawmakers need to pass act addressing student loans, bankruptcy law Massillon IndependentTo Sen. Sherrod Brown, Sen. Rob Portman and Rep. Bob Gibbs:Co-sponsor and pass HR 770 (the Discharge Student Loans in Bankruptcy Act of 2019). Fix the ...
- Addison Vann Irvin | The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times February 16, 2019Addison Vann Irvin | The Coastland Times The Coastland TimesELIZABETH CITY – Vann Irvin, prominent Elizabeth City attorney, died January 10, 2019. He had been affiliated with the Hornthal, Riley, Ellis & Maland law firm ...
- Dealing with bankruptcy in retirement - Newsday February 16, 2019Dealing with bankruptcy in retirement NewsdayMany seniors find that their later years are far from golden. According to one report, "Graying of U.S. Bankruptcy: Fallout from Life in a Risk Society," from Indiana ...
- Bankruptcy Code Covering Individual Defaulters On The Cards, Says IBBI Chief, But Only After 2019 Elections - Swarajya February 16, 2019Bankruptcy Code Covering Individual Defaulters On The Cards, Says IBBI Chief, But Only After 2019 Elections SwarajyaFollowing the success of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), the Centre is looking to soon come up with a legal framework to deal with individual ...
- Saudi court rejects conglomerate AHAB's filing under bankruptcy law - Gulf Business February 16, 2019Saudi court rejects conglomerate AHAB's filing under bankruptcy law Gulf BusinessA commercial court in Dammam has rejected an application by the conglomerate Ahmad Hamad Algosaibi and Brothers (AHAB) to settle its debt under a new ...
- Sears Creditors May Probe Sale Of $900M In Debt To Cyrus - Law360 February 16, 2019Sears Creditors May Probe Sale Of $900M In Debt To Cyrus Law360Creditors of Sears Holding Corp. were given the green light on Friday to investigate the bankrupt retailer's sale of $900 million in intercompany debt to a major ...
- Payless to Liquidate US Stores, Wind Down Online Operations - Bloomberg Law February 16, 2019Payless to Liquidate US Stores, Wind Down Online Operations Bloomberg LawPayless Inc. is liquidating its U.S. and Puerto Rico stores and shutting down its online operations as the upheaval in the retail industry claims its latest victim.
- What could be worse than the next big fire? - Patch.com February 16, 2019What could be worse than the next big fire? Patch.comSacramento, CA - The next big fire caused by PG&E.
- Wells Fargo Wants Quick OK On Samuels Jewelers Credit Bid - Law360 February 16, 2019Wells Fargo Wants Quick OK On Samuels Jewelers Credit Bid Law360Wells Fargo told a Delaware bankruptcy judge Friday that its $16 million credit bid for specialty retailer Samuels Jewelers Inc.'s assets should be approved ...
- St. Louise hearing canceled, ruling on hospitals' fate could come any day - Gilroy Dispatch February 15, 2019St. Louise hearing canceled, ruling on hospitals' fate could come any day Gilroy DispatchThere will be no federal court hearing of a request by Attorney General Xavier Becerra's motion to block the sale of O'Connor and Saint Louise hospitals by ...
- Tougher rules to address child bride petitions - WJBF-TV February 16, 2019Tougher rules to address child bride petitions WJBF-TVWASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration announced new rules Friday to scrutinize petitions to bring in underage spouses to the U.S., after data showed ...
- 'Faith' at core of growth of law firm that helps immigrants, says founder - Crux: Covering all things Catholic February 16, 2019'Faith' at core of growth of law firm that helps immigrants, says founder Crux: Covering all things CatholicSister Ann Durst discusses the success of her pro bono law firm for immigrants.
- Trump keeps trying to win a base he's already won, while forgetting everyone else - CNN February 16, 2019Trump keeps trying to win a base he's already won, while forgetting everyone else CNNFirst things first: The theme song of the week is Law & Order theme song by Mike Post.
- Pa. judge detains legal resident on wedding day; groom now sues - WHYY February 16, 2019Pa. judge detains legal resident on wedding day; groom now sues WHYYA man who was says he was wrongfully detained on his wedding day by a central Pennsylvania judge has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against her and ...
- Judge bars immigration policing criteria for 2 grants - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News February 16, 2019Judge bars immigration policing criteria for 2 grants Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7NewsLOS ANGELES (AP) — A federal judge on Friday permanently blocked the Trump administration from imposing conditions that police departments cooperate ...
- Trump is sending humanitarian aid to Venezuela. Venezuelans in the US say they need help, too - CNN February 16, 2019Trump is sending humanitarian aid to Venezuela. Venezuelans in the US say they need help, too CNNWhile the Trump administration sends humanitarian aid to Venezuela and ratchets up its rhetoric against Nicolas Maduro's regime, a growing group of ...
- ICE cooperation bills progress through Virginia legislature - Washington Post February 15, 2019ICE cooperation bills progress through Virginia legislature Washington PostRaising concerns from immigrant advocacy groups, two bills that would increase cooperation between local law enforcement and federal immigration authorities ...
- APNewsBreak: New guidance on handling child bride petitions - The Associated Press February 15, 2019APNewsBreak: New guidance on handling child bride petitions The Associated PressWASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration announced new rules Friday to scrutinize petitions to bring in underage spouses to the U.S. after data showed ...
- Immigration groups blame Trump for manufacturing a border 'crisis' - Washington Examiner February 15, 2019Immigration groups blame Trump for manufacturing a border 'crisis' Washington ExaminerGroups opposed to President Trump's immigration agenda charged Friday that the president is trying to create the illusion of a border crisis to justify emergency ...
- Immigrant activists question use of work truck; ICE backs plainclothes enforcement actions - WRAL.com February 15, 2019Immigrant activists question use of work truck; ICE backs plainclothes enforcement actions WRAL.comBy Jodi Leese Glusco, WRAL.com director of *content*. An activist group that supports the rights of undocumented immigrants living in the United States claimed ...
- Xinyuan Real Estate (XIN) Posts Earnings Results - Fairfield Current February 16, 2019Xinyuan Real Estate (XIN) Posts Earnings Results Fairfield CurrentXinyuan Real Estate (NYSE:XIN) announced its quarterly earnings results on Friday. The financial services provider reported $1.42 earnings per share for the ...
- Region's real estate market looks solid again in 2019 - Glens Falls Post-Star February 16, 2019Region's real estate market looks solid again in 2019 Glens Falls Post-StarA lack of entry-level homes for sale in the region has hurt the real estate market in recent years, and agents continue to seek out homes under $200000 that are.
- Who will pay the MOST for your commercial real estate? - The San Gabriel Valley Tribune February 16, 2019Who will pay the MOST for your commercial real estate? The San Gabriel Valley TribuneGenerally, as a seller of commercial real estate, you have three motivations — transact as quickly as possible at the highest price with the fewest conditions.
- Signs that China's real-estate bubble will burst and take the economy with it - Boing Boing February 16, 2019Signs that China's real-estate bubble will burst and take the economy with it Boing BoingChina's real-estate bubble is the largest in human history, and despite years of warning signs, it has grown and grown, spilling over into the rest of the world.
- Braidy CEO: Oaks Golf property purchased for real estate project - The Independent February 16, 2019Braidy CEO: Oaks Golf property purchased for real estate project The IndependentFLATWOODS Braidy Industries Chief Executive Officer Craig Bouchard has announced the purchase of the Oaks Golf Course property in Flatwoods as part of a ...
- Grim discovery as real estate agent finds body of a squatter, 23, in a back shed - Daily Mail February 16, 2019Grim discovery as real estate agent finds body of a squatter, 23, in a back shed Daily MailA real estate agent made a grim discovery when they found the body of a man, believed to be a squatter, in the backyard shed of a rental property.
- New medical office building coming to West Ashley in Charleston - Charleston Post Courier February 16, 2019New medical office building coming to West Ashley in Charleston Charleston Post CourierA 10000-square-foot medical office building will rise soon on St. Andrews Boulevard in West Ashley.
- Bay Area Real Estate Market Cooling? | KCBS 740AM | 106.9 FM - KCBS February 16, 2019Bay Area Real Estate Market Cooling? | KCBS 740AM | 106.9 FM KCBSA new survey of real estate developers shows that they believe the market in the Bay Area may finally be cooling. KCBS Reporter Megan Goldsby has the details ...
- Rochester real estate market has calmed, but remains tight - PostBulletin.com February 16, 2019Rochester real estate market has calmed, but remains tight PostBulletin.comReal estate in Southern Minnesota took a wild ride in 2018, with a hot start followed by some cooling by year's end.
- Softening housing market could be good for buyers in Charleston - Charleston Post Courier February 16, 2019Softening housing market could be good for buyers in Charleston Charleston Post CourierYou're seeing the Post and Courier's weekly real estate newsletter. Receive all the latest transactions and top development, building, and home and commercial ...
2016 H1B Visa and Green Card Reports Released!
March 14, 2016
Myvisajobs.com, the leading employment website for immigrants, has released its eleventh Annual H1B Visa and Employment-based Green Card reports. 2016 Top 100 H1B Visa Sponsor 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Status: Certified, Denied or Withdrawn 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Job Title 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Work State 2016 Top H1B Visa Sponsors by Work […]
Dirty hospital scopes caused deadly infections, investigation finds
January 13, 2016
At least 250 people, mostly in the U.S. including Seattle, have contracted potentially deadly infections spread by contaminated medical scopes in the past three years, according to a new report headed by Sen. Patty Murray of Washington. The incidencts related to antibiotic-resistant infections linked to specialized duodenoscopes nearly doubled since 2010. The figures include the superbug outbreak […]
Representing Immigrant Workers in Personal Injury Claims
November 24, 2015
Charles J. Schleifer and James C. Haggerty, The Legal Intelligencer, Nov 25, 2015. According to recent statistics, there are between 6.4 and 8 million people who entered the country illegally and are a part of the U.S. labor force. The type of work performed by these workers is often very dangerous—they commonly work in the […]
Millions More to Qualify for Student – Loan Modification Program
November 6, 2015
Under rules effective Tuesday, any American who borrowed directly from the federal government for college or graduate school can enroll in a program called Pay As You Earn. The program—previously open to only newer borrowers—sets the monthly payment at 10% of a borrower’s discretionary income, defined as adjusted gross income minus 150% of the federal […]
Many homeowners owe more than their houses are worth in the Seattle area
October 6, 2015
September’s median price for single-family homes dipped from August, a welcome change for potential buyers but not for the many homeowners whose mortgage debt remains greater than their home’s value.
Modified Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Loans Perform Better When Done Through HAMP
October 1, 2015
Single-family mortgage loans backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac perform better after modification when they are modified through the government's Home Affordable Mortgage Program (HAMP), according to the FHFA's Foreclosure Prevention Report for Q2 2015 released this week.
GAO Calls for Better Assessment of Fraud Risks, Economic Benefits From EB-5 Program
August 28, 2015
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) recently released a report that calls for additional actions to better assess fraud risks and report economic benefits in the EB-5 program. The GAO noted that fraud risks are constantly evolving and that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) continually identifies new fraud schemes, but the agency does not […]
HOPE NOW: Mortgage Industry Achieves 24 Million Non-Foreclosure Solutions & 6 Million Proprietary Loan Mods
August 28, 2015
In the second quarter of 2015, approximately 411,000 homeowners received non-foreclosure solutions from mortgage servicers, according to HOPE NOW, the voluntary, private sector alliance of mortgage servicers, investors, mortgage insurers and non-profit counselors. Permanent loan modifications in the second quarter of 2015 totaled approximately 113,000 and short sales totaled 24,000. Other non-foreclosure solutions (including repayment […]
Using personal bankruptcy to hit the reset button on distressed properties
August 28, 2015
There is a ripple effect on homeowners who struggle with debt even after losing their homes. Honest people who want to make good on their debts are increasingly overwhelmed and finding it impossible to rebuild their financial lives. When the Dennis Hebel and his wife decided to help out their son by buying a second […]